To Unbrick Xolo Q1010i , you need a windows PC and data cable. This method will not affect IMEI. IMEI number may lost if you do not use proper files to flash it. There are lot of methods to backup or fix IMEI on the web, so no need to worry about it. Before going to any complex steps just press power button + volume dowm button for 10sec, it may helps you to recover from some kind of soft bricks. This post will help you in following situations:
- Your Xolo Q1010i smartphone is not turning on (hard/ soft bricked) after trying to root or flashing a custom ROM.
- You want to flash stock ROM after installing any custom ROM
- You want to downgrade Xolo Q1010i from Android 4.4.2 KitKat to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean.
- Stuck at XOLO logo/ Not booting up.
The only way to unbrick any soft bricked smartphone is to flash stock Firmware. This will fix the problem in most of the cases. To flash stock recovery, you need to download stock ROM and a flashing tool. You can download it for free from below download links:
- XOLO Q1010i 4.2.2 Stock JellyBean ROM (372 MB)
- XOLO Q1010i 4.4.2 Stock KitKat ROM (444 MB)
- SP tools – Root Tool (23 MB)
- VCOM Drivers For Xolo Q1010i (342 KB, You can find download option in top navigation bar)
It doesn’t require to download oth Jellybean and KtKat stock ROM’s. Now we are going to install some necessary drivers on our windows PC to recognize our smartphone. Then we will flash stock ROM using SP tools.
- Installing VCOM Drivers On Windows
- Download and extract VCOM driver from above download link.
- Switch off you Xolo q1010i and just plug usb data cable into it, don’t switch on device.
- Go to Device Manager and you will see Gxxx (New device).
- Right Click it (click on update driver and locate Vcom folder you extracted early).
- If you are using Windows 8 then you must turn of Digital Driver Signing enforcement to install this drivers successfully.
Note: If you got any errors while installing VCOM Drivers in Windows 8, try this tutorial- Comprehensive tutorial of Installing VCOM Driver.
- Install SP tools software which you have downloaded. You can directly run SP tools by double clicking flash tool.exe in SP tool folder.
- Click on Download Tab and click on Scatter Loading button -> choose the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file in the folder Firmware ( ROM extracted path).
- Choose Download Only from drop Down and click on ‘Green Download Button‘. If it shows any error, select Firmware Upgrade from dropdown list and click on DOWNLOAD.
It will load your stock ROM and a installation complete popup will come. Then Unplug the phone from PC and turn it ON, DONE!! I hope this tutorial helped you to unbrick xolo q1010i smartphone. If you have any doubt regarding installation feel free to comment below. I’ll help as soon as possible.