Xolo is a new smartphone company which is emerging has the best budget smartphone company of this era. They release best smartphones in comparatively lower budget with amazing specifications and cool features. Xolo Q2100 is a new smartphone launched by the company with a fingerprint sensor on the back. It also contains fingerprint scanner and IRS blaster which is normally seen in high-end smartphones. Continue Reading ➞
Xolo Q1010i costs around 13,000 RS in India. It have 5-inch HD IPS OGS Display, 1 GB RAM , 4 GB Internal Memory and powered by MediaTek 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor. Xolo Q1010i comes with non-removable battery, this ensures the elegant and slim look of the phone. There are dual mic’s for noise cancellation as well as LED notification. The Touch screen is smooth and responsive, and it have Gloves option that will increase the touch sensitivity. There is 1GB on-board RAM and you get around 760MB free on the first boot. And of the 4GB internal storage 1.75GB is assigned as phone storage and 0.9 GB as space for apps. You can assign the external card as the preferred install location. If you are planning to buy a smartphone below 20000 (20k) In India you can also have a look at the Pros and cons review of Intex aqua octa.
Xolo Q1010i Pros (Advantages)
- The Xolo Q1010i is a slim and attractively designed smartphone that comes in a premium design that lends it an appealing look.
- 5 inch 720P IPS display looks attractive with good viewing angles.
- The 8MP camera with LED flash does a pretty decent job. Close ups and long shots are impressive. Also the primary camera can shoot 1080p videos and the video quality is also very good,
- You can play any HD game on Xolo Q1010i. I tried Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt 8 both of these games running smooth.
- Q1010i comes loaded with smart features that makes use of on-screen gestures to access apps instantly in sleep or standby mode. For example swipe ‘e’ to launch web browser, ‘c’ for dialer and ‘m’ for camera.
- 1.3 ghz quad core with 1 GB ram and Mali 400 MP2 GPU does a great job for making the phone lag free.
- Normally I don’t like the headsets coming with Xolo smartphones. But the headset coming with Xolo Q1010i works great
- OTG (On The Go) cable support, hence we can use pen drive with Xolo Q1010i
- Battery is 2250 mAh but it works great. I played HD games for 40 minutes but the battery only dropped 12%. Anyway we get 1.5 day battery back with normal usage.
- 4 GB Internal Memory and Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB. We can install applications and games on external sd card.
- Xolo Q1010i powered byoriginal Android Jelly Bean v4.2 OS. Xolo only customize a little.
- This smartphone have dual SIM card and both sim support 3G
Xolo Q1010i Cons (Disadvantages)
- The front camera is little blurry, but it is good enough for video chats. Anyway some users reported that we can fix the blur issue by installing latest software update!
- Flash should have been better for even better night shots.
- I found that some users complaining about Xolo after sale service!
The XOLO Q1010i Performance is lag free and smooth. I tried playing MC4 and Asphalt 8 both of these games working smooth. After going through Xolo q1010i pros and cons my opinion is, In this price range Xolo Q1010i is the best smartphone you can buy in India. After purchasing you can root the Xolo Q1010i smartphone to get the most out of it. Do I missed any pros or cons of this smartphone Please let me know in comments.
Are you going to buy Intex Aqua Octa android powered smartphone? If yes please spend sometime know advantages and disadvantages) of buying Intex Aqua Octa smartphone. The Intex Aqua Octa costs around Rs. 18,000, and has an inferior screen but better build quality. If you like outsized phones and are on a budget, this is an option to consider. We expect the price to dip a bit lower, which will make it more attractive. The Intex Aqua Octa features a 6-inch HD One-glass Solution (OGS) IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen having a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels. The device runs on Android v4.2 Jelly Bean OS, powered by the 1.7GHz octa-core processor, supported by 2GB RAM and Mali 450-MP4 GPU.
- Build Quality
The dimensions of the Intex Aqua Octa handset are 161.06 × 80.86 x 7 mm and it weight approximately 180 grams. The phone feels pretty solid to hold and appears to be of a nice build quality. The build quality is much rougher than the general standard of phones on the market today; even those from Indian brands. The Aqua Octa is better, but still a bit unpolished, with rickety buttons and low quality printing. The Aqua Octa comes with a flip-cover case and a clear plastic screen guard.
The octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor is showing up in more and more phones these days, and buyers seem to be impressed. It wasn’t too long ago that we were just becoming acquainted with the idea of a dual-core smartphone processor, but now everyone’s racing to raise that number as far as possible. We’ve already seen that even though the MT6592 is designed around eight relatively weak ARM Cortex A7 cores, it can outperform the quad-core processors that power many of today’s mid-range and high-end phones. Where it lags behind is in graphics performance, thanks to the integrated Mali 450 MP which isn’t very fast.
This smartphone carries an IPS HD OGS touch display of 6 inches which provides a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. In this time when local manufacturers are moving towards 1080p screens, a 6 inch 720p screen might just look like a bit of an overstretched.
This handset works on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. Intex might bring the 4.3 Jelly bean update in future but we’d be surprised if we get to taste the 4.4 Kitkat on it.
This smartphone carries an auto focus rear camera of 13 mega pixels with 1080p full HD video recording and LED flash features. Intex Aqua Octa also features a 5 mega pixel front facing shooter. It looks good on paper but the real world performance is just average and nothing extra ordinary.
Intex aqua octa is dual SIM handset that supports GSM and WCDMA SIMs. It also offers FM Radio and a 3.5 mm audio jack. This handset will be available in white and black color variants.
Intex aqua octa Pros (Advantages):
- Superb performance and multitasking capability of 1.7GHz MT6592 octa-core processor
- 2 GB RAM with 16 GB internal Memory (2 GB for apps and 12 GB for media storage)
- Using the combination of processor, RAM and mali 450 mp4 GPU, you can play almost any HD game on this phone
- Yamaha dual speakers provides crystal clear sound
- 6 Inches OGS capacitive display
- It have 13 Megapixel primary Camera with 5 Megapixel
Secondary Camera. Both cameras provides good clarity pictures (not great).
Intex aqua octa Cons (Disadvantages):
- Battery capacity only 2300 mAh,this phone have quad core processor and a 6 Inch big display. So it should be at-least 3000 mAh battery to last a day. if u want to play high end games for this phone you need to carry a power bank. So the battery is a main disadvantage of Intex aqua octa.
- The screen have only 720 x 1280 Pixels screes resolution. This low screen resolution decreases the display clarity.
- Intex aqua octa comes with too much preinstalled bloatware applications. So you need to root your device to remove the bloatware system apps such as OLX, BigFlix,, NQ Mobile Security, Intex Game Club and so on.
- The accessories comes with the phone such as Headphone and charger are Low quality.
- Intex aqua octa does not support USB OTG ( ability to connect external USB storage device (pen drive, external hard disk etc via OTG cable)!
- Doesn’t Have A Gyroscope and compass. Gyroscope Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer.
- No wifi tethering and TV output
- Viewing angle are not great compare to xolo q3000
- Intex aqua octa can not able to record Full HD Video
- This phone should come with android 4.3, FHD (Full HD), Corning gorilla glass , 4G and latest version 4.4 kitkat
The Intex Aqua Octa is quite an average product at this price range. Have a look at the list of Best Smartphones Below 20000 In India 2014 for more best android powered smartphones. Do you know more Intex aqua octa Pros and Cons? Please share it in comment section below.
Everyone goes after branded smartphones. But I’m not impressed much about branded smartphones, because I believe in Power. In an article Amit Banerjee (famous blogger) wrote that:
[quote_box_center]I don’t waste money now. No show off. Yearly vacations – Yes. Weekend parties – No. No costly gadgets. Dont buy shit you don’t need. Don’t buy “branded” stuff just because every other clueless idiot is doing it. No. Don’t.[/quote_box_center]
So here I’m sharing a list of top 5 Android powered smartphone below 20000 rupees (20k) In India. Most of the phones listed below have octa-core processor (8 cores). Ideally, having more processor cores should allow a device to be more responsive, which means multitasking should feel snappier. After testing Octa-core and quad-core processors it appears that the octa-core MediaTek processors actually do have a performance advantage over the quad-core Qualcomm chip. Of course you don’t get double the performance. Also octa-core processor eats a lot of battery life to work in your 5 or 6 inch smartphones. So don’t buy any smartphone just considering number of cores . Kindly do consider Battery capacity, RAM and GPU.
1. Xolo Q3000
The Xolo Q3000 is the first device from the company to incorporate a full HD 1080p screen. Yes, it took a while for Xolo to do that, as we saw the 5.5 inch Q2000 sporting a 720p screen even when it had the MT6589 Turbo inside. But with the Q3000, Xolo has its first 5.7″ device as well as its first 1080p phone, so we felt it would be pretty interesting to check this phone out. You can find more details in Xolo Q3000 in official website. If you already have a Xolo smartphone you can root and install custom recovery to get most out the amazing specs.
- 1.5 Ghz MTK 6589 Turbo quad-core processor delivers high performance
- 2 GB RAM offers enough room to use multiple apps same time.
- Very high-capacity Li-Ion battery (4000 mAh) offers up to 667 h stand-by and 33 hrs Talk time.
- 5.7 Inch FHD high-class display with 1920×1080 resolution
- 16 GB internal storage with expandable micro card slot.
- Pen drive and other USB storage devices can be easily connect via OTG cable
2. Gionee GPAD G4
Gionee is an emerging smartphone segment by establishing itself as a premium brand and has been successful in doing that as well. It has softly launched the Gionee Gpad G4 for Rs 18,999 and the smartphone has a lot going in its favour. It fills the gap for the need of a big screen device in Rs 15,000-20,000 line up for the Chinese manufacturer. Let us have a quick review of the smartphone. You can find more details in Gionee official website.
- Big 5.7 inch HD screen with 1280 x 720 Pixels resolution
- 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7, Quad Core Processor
- 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP front camera with Auto Focus, Face Beauty, Panorama (Horizontal and Vertical), Eraser, Face Detection, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, 99 Snaps in One Click, MAV, Gesture Shot, Smile Shot etc.
- PowerVR Series5XT GPU helps you to play all HD android games without lag.
- Awesome DTS 3D Surround Sound
- 3200 mAh battery is enough for a day battery life with heavy usage
3. Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus
Joining the octa-core brigade, Karbonn has launched two smartphones using MediaTek’s low-cost octa-core chips. Dubbed the Titanium Octane and the Titanium Octane Plus, they are priced at Rs 14,490 and Rs 17,990 and will be available in the first week of May. The Karbonn Octane twins have MediaTek’s MT6592 SoCs with octa-core CPUs clocked at 1.7GHz. Other common specs include 3G support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS with A-GPS. Both the Octane phones run Android 4.4 KitKat and are more than well-equipped to handle the OS. Main Features:
- 1.7GHz MediaTek’s MT6592 SoCs octa-core CPU (8 cores, Superb performance)
- 16-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera
- Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus comes with Android 4.4 Kitkat
- 5 Inch screen with 1080×1920 pixels screen resolution
- 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage
- Battery capacity is only 2000mAh. You might need to carry a portable battery charger to last the whole day!
Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus expected to bee release on first week of May. So please wait few more days to purchase this incredible smartphone.
4. Micromax Canvas Knight A350
- 5 inch Full HD IPS screen with 1920 x 1080 Pixels resolution
- 2.0GHz Octa core processor (MT6592T) for mid blowing perfomance
- 2GB DDR2 RAM is enough to run ten or twenty android apps at the same time.
- 16MP Rear Camera with 8MP Front Camera.
- 32 GB internal memory
- Battery capacity is only 2350 mAh. If you are a gamer or internet freak the battery may not be last a day!
- The Micromax Canvas Knight A350 comes with Jellybean OS. But I hope the handset will get a KitKat update soon!
5. Intex Aqua Octa
I little bit confused between Intex Aqua octa and WAMMY PASSION ‘X’ to give 5th position. Because the the Intex Aqua Octa lack a 1080p screen and WAMMY PASSION ‘X’ have it. But in terms of performance and build quality the Intex Aqua Octa stand ahead of Wammy Passion X. The Intex Aqua Octa costs around Rs. 18,000, and has an inferior screen but better build quality. If you like outsized phones and are on a budget, this is an option to consider. We expect the price to dip a bit lower, which will make it more attractive.
- 1.7GHz octa-core processor and Mali 450-MP4 GPU ensures HD Gameplay.
- 6 Inches OGS capacitive display
- 13 Megapixel
Primary Camera with 5 Megapixel
- 2 RAM with 16 GB internal memory
- Yamaha dual speakers gives you crystal clear sound
- Low screen resolution (72op), most of the octa-core smartphone in this range have a 1080p display.
- Does not support USB OTG!
- battery capacity is only 2300 mAh. You can find more Pros and cons of Intex Aqua Octa in detailed review.
I know I didn’t list any branded smartphones here, because I prefer performance rather than brand value. If you are looking for a smartphone just for show-off forget this post and buy a iPhone.
I purchased a Lenovo Essential G500 laptop recently, so I decided to share my review with you guys. I bought i3 version [model: Lenovo Essential G500 (59-380860)] in Lenovo Essential G500 from Snapdeal for 26666 RS (approximately 440$). My laptop specs as follows:
- Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i3 3110M (2.4 GHz)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3 (Expandable Up to 8 GB)
- Hard Disk Capacity: 500GB HDD
- Graphic Processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000
- OS: Free DOS
Now I’m really happy about my decision to buy this laptop. It really worth every penny I spend for it. Lenovo Essential G500 is pretty fast, smart-looking and have a very good quality display. The laptop case made from black plastic and have a good texture finish on the upper side. It helps to increases the grip while holding the laptop.
Lenovo Essential G500 also comes with great connectivity features like 2 USB 3.0 ports. I think you can’t find any other good laptops with 2 USB 3.0 posts in 30k Price range in India! The notebook also features Bluetooth-4.0.
Lenovo essential G500 Pros and Cons
Now we can check advantages and disadvantages of Lenovo essential G500 laptop.
Lenovo essential G500 Pros (Advantages):
- Great Performance by 3rd Gen Intel Core i3 CPU. I can’t feel any lags in while using till now. It’s really fast laptop.
- Outstanding Sound clarity using Dolby Digital sound system
- The touchpad have Windows 8 optimized multi-touch gestures. Fingers glide easily over its slightly roughened surface. It have gestures to open windows 8 charm, option window in metro apps etc. The multi-touch gestures can be individually enabled and disabled in the settings.
- Windows 8 optimized useful function keys to close metro apps, switch between minimised apps etc.
- 2 X USB 3.0 ports, I think you can’t find it in 30k laptops!
- I can able to play HD games like NFS 11 and Call Of Duty Black Ops because of Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 2 GB RAM. If you got any lags while playing any games in your Lenovo essential G500, you can increase the Gaming Performance by creating a virtual graphics card.
- Chiclet keyboard that too with number pad. If you are new laptop user may the keyboard and touchpad design will take time to get used to it!
- Stunning HD Display clarity
- 6 Cell 48 Watt Hour Lithium-Ion Battery Provides backup of around 4 hours.
Lenovo essential G500 Cons (Dis advantages):
- No LED for caps lock and num lock
- Webcam (0.3 Megapixel) may give poor image at low light!
As you see above I can’t find lot of disadvantages of this laptop. Trust me, it’s worth for your money. I already have a Lenovo G580 (i5 3rd Gen, 4 GB, 500 GB) laptop which has been working fine since I got it. I have never got any issues so far from my existing Lenovo laptop hence bought this one for my brother. It was my best decision to buy a Lenovo G500 laptop as its trustworthy and great in performance. Thank you Lenovo.