I searched the whole web many times for a professional Facebook popup like box widget for my blogger blog. At last I found a professional looking blogger popup like box widget created by James Morgan. The best part of this Facebook like box widget is it only displayed once every 30 days for a visitor. You can find a live demo of WordPress Like Facebook Popup Like Box from here.
How To Add WordPress Like Facebook Popup Like Box To Your Blog?
You can add this widget to your blogger blog using add widget option in the layout tab or directly into blog template . If you are a newbie go for first option or if you know editing template using template editor go for second one. It is always better to add html codes directly into your template because it speed up your website loading time.
1. Installing Using Layout Tab In Blogger
- Goto Blogger > Layout> Add a Gadget
- Copy and paste above code and hit save.
2. Installing Blogger template Editor
- Goto Blogger > Template > Edit HTML (Before doing anything backup template)
- Search (Ctrl+ F) for </body> and paste given code just before it.
- Now save your template.
How To Customize This Widget?
- Search for http://www.facebook.com/brieftutorials and replace it with your site’s Facebook page URL.
- Popup every time the page loads : By default, the like box widget only shows up the first time the user visits your page. If you would like the Facebook box to popup every time the page loads, then remove this line of code:
- Control Time Delay By default: By default WordPress Like Facebook Popup Like Box widget pops up 20 seconds after the page finishes loading. Search for the code below and change the number 20000 to a greater or lesser number.
1 second = 1000. 10 seconds = 10000. 60 seconds = 60000.[code type=codetype].delay(20000)[/code]
By default, this WordPress Like Facebook Popup Like Box Widget is only displayed once every 30 days for a user. You may need to clear your browser cookies or test your site in Incognito windows if you would like to see it again. Also you can display this widget every time a user visits your site deleting the code in “How to Customize” section above. If you’re still having trouble with the popup widget, please comment below, I am happy to help you!