I hope you upgraded your Xolo Q1010i smartphone to KitKat. So probably you are searching for a tutorial to root your Xolo Q1010i on the web. You can’t simply root KiKat upgraded Xolo Q1010i smartphone using framaroot or any other similar android application. Also there is no way to root the smartphone using traditional methods like by going to recovery mode and simply flashing a zip file. After searching on lot of forums finally I found a working method to root our Xolo Q1010i smartphone. I don’t know it will work on all devices. If you are complete newbie, I advice you to watch and follow video tutorial. All other tutorials requires minimum knowledge about flashing firmware and rooting your device from PC. Before going through the below steps, make sue you read below posts:
- What Is Android Root or Rooting?
- How To Root And Install CWM Recovery on Xolo q700/ 800/1000 Without PC
After reading above posts, I hope you understand what is meant by android root access! You have two options to root Xolo Q1010i KitKat (Android – 4.4.2). You can either ,
- Root using Kingroot android application (Only works on some models)
- Downgrade to Jellybean and root the device using Framaroot (Easy method)
- Flash rooted KitKat (Android – 4.4.2) ROM.
Before rooting Xolo Q1010i, I have one advice for you: NEVER EVER INSTALL “CHAINFIRE 3D” on any Xolo device with MEDIATEK processors! its because chainfire is specially made for ARM devices and not for our MEDIATEK neon processors. Lot of guys brick their smartphone by trying to install chainfire 3D after rooting.
[quote_box_center]Sorry to say, am not responsible for anything goes wrong[/quote_box_center]
Root Xolo Q1010i Using Kingroot Android App
- Download and install KingMaster, Kingroot and Kinguser android application from official website. The website in Chinese language, but you can easily download using blue download buttons.
- Open Kingroot android app and click on green round button. Your device may restart.
- Now open KingMaster application from app drawer, you will get a pull down window! Click on root now button (Watch Video).
After few minutes KingMaster will root your Xolo Q1010i with KitKat update.
Root Xolo Q1010i By Downgrading to Jellybean (Easy method)
- If you upgraded your Xolo Q1010i to KitKat, downgrade it to Jellybean by following this guide: Downgrade Xolo Q1010i to Stock Jellybean.
- After installing JB, download and Install Framaroot 1.9.1 apk ( v1.9.1 Tested to be Working !). You may get ‘it is dangerous file’ message if you download via Google chrome, Just ignore it. To install third party android app, you need to enable ‘Unknown sources’ in settings- Security in your Xolo Q1010i.
- Open the app and select SuperSU from drop Down menu
- Press Boromir , If it says Success then Reboot. Else Try Again. Congrats, You’ve Successfully Rooted you Xolo Q1010i.
Root Xolo Q1010i By Flashing Pre- Rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat Stock ROM
Framaroot will not work on our Xolo Q1010i after KitKat update. If you have stock Jelly Bean then you should use Framaroot method. Gotham from XDA successfully extracted the 4.4.2 stock ROM and Rooted it. So we can use this Pre-Rooted KitKat stock ROM to root our devices! First we need to flash custom recovery on our Xolo Q1010i in-order to flash Pre-Rooted stock ROM. This method works both on KitKat and Jellybean.
- MTK USB Drivers (Driver_Auto_Installer, 9.2 MB)
- MT6582 Scatter File (500 KB)
- CTR Recovery by Chirag Jain for Q1010i Only (5.51 MB)
- SP Flash Tools v3.1352.01 (5.1352.01) (23 MB)
- SuperSu Zip (2 MB)
- Download and extract all files. Place all Downloaded Files in the same Place for Easy Access. I recommend you to turn off you antivirus to avoid permission related issues.
- Install The MTK USB Drivers on Your PC by Clicking on Install.bat in Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00 folder.
- Open SP Flash Tools folder and click on flash_tool.exe. In The Flash Tool window Click on Scatter-Loading, Select MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and Press Open.
- In Flash Tool Window Tick RECOVERY and Click on the Blank Green Space Beside It and select Carliv_q1010i_chiragjn.img.
- Switch Off Your Device and Connect it to your PC. Now press on green download button at the top.
- The status bar at the bottom will Change it’s Color Red Then Yellow and Finally show a Download OK Dialog Box.
- Now disconnect your phone and close SP Flash tool.
- Press and Hold Volume UP and Power Button Together till it powers UP.
- Now your phone boots into Recovery Mode, In it Press Install Zip -> Choose Zip SDCard -> Select the SuperSu.zip You Placed Earlier in Your SDCard and Press YES to Install.
- On Complete Installation, Reboot Your Device, CONGRATULATIONS ! You’ve Successfully Flashed carliv recovery on your device!
Additional Tip: If SP Flash Tools Shows You PMT Error Just Download the Preloader.bin From HERE and Flash it along with the Recovery through Sp Tools. Procedure is same You’ll Just have to tick Preloader option and Load Preloader.bin also.
So now we need to flash Pre- Rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM into our Xolo Q1010i smartphone.
- Download Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip of Stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.
- Place SuperSu Zip (downloaded in first step) and Pre- Rooted KitKat in your SD Card.
- Goto Recovery Mode, Go To Install -> Install from SD -> Select the ROM File and press YES to Flash it and Do the Same for the SuperSu Zip after Flashing completes
- Reboot, now you successfully flashed Pre- Rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat Stock ROM on your Xolo Q1010i.
In other words, now you successfully rooted your Xolo Q1010i with Android 4.4.2 KitKat update.