Here we are going to install official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on Xolo Q1010i. Also, this guide will also be helpful if you can‘t install updates using Xolo care application. Please ensure the battery is around 40% and above before starting the upgrade process. Please check USB cable not connected neither to PC nor Charger.
- Download the KitKat Upgrade Software to Your Computer
- The downloaded file is in zip format, do not unzip the file. Make sure that the file saved with the name: update.zip
- Copy the Upgrade Software to Your Phone using USB cable provided. To do that connect your phone to your computer. Upon successful USB connection, turn on the mass storage from the notification panel
- On the PC: Phone gets detected as a Mass storage device. The drive now appears on your computer as a Mass storage device. a. Windows drive seems underMy Computer. In MACs drive appears under Devices in Finder.
- The file should save to the root of the phone memory (4GB Drive). In other words, do not save the file in subfolder in the storage device.
- Once the copy is complete, disconnect the phone from PC.
You can Install KitKat On Xolo Q1010i using two different methods. Personally the first one doesn‘t work for me. I record a video tutorial while installing Android 4.4.2 KitKat on my Xolo Q1010i, Watch it below:
Upgrade Xolo Q1010i Using XOLO Care app
- Open Xolo Care android application from app drawer
- In tab UPDATE, click on Check for software update
- Click continue.
- Please be patient! Your phone is about to get upgraded to Android Latest version 4.4.2.
Upgrade Xolo Q1010i To KitKat Using Android Stock Recovery
If above method didn‘t work for you, you could install KitKat using stock recovery. To enter android stock recovery on Xolo Q1010i,
- Power off your smartphone, your phone will vibrate after it completely switched off.
- Now press Volume down+ Power button simultaneously. Wait few minutes to enter stock recovery.
Update 13/11/ 2014- Key Combination Working (If above didn‘t work):
- Press Power Button+ Volume Up to Enter Select Boot Menu Mode. From here you can select three options. Recovery, Fastboot and Normal mode.
- On this screen press Volume up to Navigate and Volume Down to select. So place the pointer towards Recovery mode by pressing volume up key and press volume down key.
- If you stuck at ‘No Command‘ screen, just press the power button. Now it redirects you to recovery Menu.
- Stock recovery doesn‘t support touch inputs, so you need to press volume down button to Navigate and Volume Up button to Select.
- If you are stuck at No command screen, just press volume up or volume down or power button.
- Select Apply Update from sd card and navigate to your phone memory. Now select Update.zip and press volume up key. It will install KitKat on your Xolo Q1010i automatically.
- After install complete, you will be redirected to stock recovery home page. Now select reboot.
- It may take 5 minutes to complete reboot. Wait and enjoy brand new KitKat on your Xolo Q1010i.
I hope I covered all steps to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Xolo Q1010i. You can check genuinely of you installed KitKat OS by going
- Setting- About- Tap on Android Version tab couple of time very rapidly.
- It displays a faded K symbol. Then again touch a couple of times on the K symbol.
- It displays a fresh red KitKat animation. Long tap on the Android logo gives an another cool animation.
If you have doubts or problems regarding your Xolo Q1010i, feel free to comment below.