This trick help to disable ads in Utorrent without installing any software. You just need to go to preference panel and turn off some options available. uTorrent is one of the most famous bittorrent client available nowadays. It’s popular because of cross-platform compatibility. Utorrent available on all platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile devices like Android and iPhone, etc. Here we are going to disable the ads in Utorrent such as top and left Sidebar banner ads. The below screenshot is shown you an example of one such advertisement.
Steps for disable ads in your torrent
- Open uTorrent and follow the steps bellow.:
Navigate to Options -> Preferences. The keyboard shortcut is “Ctrl + Pâ€ and click on the “preferences.â€
- In the preferences panel, click on the Advanced option (Do not expand the Advanced option)
- In “Advanced optionâ€ there is a filter text box. Type into the filter box “offerâ€. That will filter out the required options.
– left_rail_offer: This option, if true, allows ads to flash on the left rail of the uTorrent client.
– sponsored_torrent_offer: This option is the control for showing offers at the top of the main view. Keep it true/false accordingly.
- Turn off the ads by clicking each of the options and change the value to false. Now click ok.
- The process is almost finished so exit and close the Utorrent platform. Give some time to sync the set preferences.
Now you OPEN the Utorrent again, and you will not see any advertisements..